How does Big Yellow work?
1. Go online from the comfort of your own home to:
- - Figure out how much space you need
- - Find your nearest Big Yellow
- - Opening hours
- - Reserve your space
- - Use our packing guide
2. Boxes can be delivered to your home so you can pack up with ease
3. Drive your things to Big Yellow and check in(we can even help you hire a van)
4. We'll show you to your reserved space(only you hold the key)
5. Move in using our trolleys
6. Lock up and we'll make sure your things are safe around the clock
7. Access your storage whenever it suits you
Frequently asked questions about self storage.
Big Yellow offers flexible, do-it-yourself storage for domestic and business customers. We provide clean, dry, individually alarmed storage spaces, access to which is available free of charge seven days a week*. Your space (from a small locker to a huge room) is locked with your own padlock, ensuring that only you have access to your things. Don't worry if you do not have your own padlock, we sell a full range in our stores.
*Access is free and unlimited during our generous opening hours, seven days a week. However, if this is not convenient, we also offer extended access between 5am and 11pm for a small additional charge. Please call your nearest Big Yellow for further details and availability.
Our minimum storage period is seven days.
You are welcome to move to another size room at any time, depending on your storage requirements (and, of course, the availability of other room sizes at the store).
Click here for more questions (and answers)