- Introduction and General Terms
- What information will BIG YELLOW collect about me?
- How will BIG YELLOW use the information they collect about me?
- How does BIG YELLOW protect your information?
- When will BIG YELLOW contact me?
- When will BIG YELLOW contact my Emergency/Alternative contacts?
- Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
- Will BIG YELLOW share my personal information with anyone else?
- Offensive or inappropriate content on BIG YELLOW website
- How long will BIG YELLOW keep my personal information?
- Can I find out what personal information the BIG YELLOW holds about me?
- Cookies Policy
1. Introduction and General Terms
- what information BIG YELLOW may collect about you;
- how BIG YELLOW will use information we collect about you;
- when BIG YELLOW may use your details to contact you;
- whether BIG YELLOW will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
3. What information will Big Yellow collect about me?
4. How will BIG YELLOW use the information they collect about me?
BIG YELLOW will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for "service administration purposes", which means that BIG YELLOW may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 6 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- To inform you of relevant offers based on the information you have requested
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and
- to analyse and improve the services offered on Big Yellow.co.uk. e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
Where BIG YELLOW proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
5. How does BIG YELLOW protect your information?
6. When will BIG YELLOW contact me?
BIG YELLOW may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that BIG YELLOW can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence (if you have previously clicked unsubscribe, requesting further correspondence will reinstate your subscription);
- to invite you to participate in surveys about BIG YELLOW services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes, unless you have clicked unsubscribe (see paragraph 7 below)
7. When will BIG YELLOW contact my Emergency/Alternative Contacts?
BIG YELLOW may contact your emergency/alternative contacts:
- We will contact, disclose, discuss and provide access to Your account details to, and otherwise deal with (as Your agent), persons authorised by You in writing or identified by You to Us as your alternative contact person(s) (“Alternative Contacts”) in accordance with, and to the extent of, Your instructions.
- In addition, in the event that We are unable to contact You at Your contact details specified in the Customer Licence (as amended or updated from time to time by notice in writing by You to Us) for any reason, We may and You hereby authorise Us to contact, disclose, discuss and provide access to Your account details to, and otherwise deal with (as Your agent), such Alternative Contacts for the purposes of and in relation to this Licence.
- You warrant that You have the right to provide to us the personal data of such Alternative Contacts and to authorise Our use of such data for this purpose.
8. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
BIG YELLOW may contact you for marketing purposes, or to promote new services to you. You may opt out of these services by clicking on unsubscribe. By requesting further correspondence from BIG YELLOW after this time, you are reinstating your subscription and will be required to click unsubscribe again should you wish to enforce this.
9. Will BIG YELLOW share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in paragraph 9 below. Generally, we will only use your information within BIG YELLOW. However, sometimes BIG YELLOW uses third parties to process your information. BIG YELLOW will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and BIG YELLOW will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
10. Offensive or inappropriate content on the BIG YELLOW website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to Big Yellow.co.uk, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on Big Yellow.co.uk, BIG YELLOW may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. Where BIG YELLOW reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), the BIG YELLOW may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
11. How long will BIG YELLOW keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with BIG YELLOW.
12. Can I find out what personal information BIG YELLOW holds about me?
14. Cookies Policy - Information the BIG YELLOW collects from you
Big Yellow Group PLC
2 The Deans