Self Storage near Elephant and Castle
To get a quote for self storage at Kennington, click on the button above
To reserve self storage at Kennington, click on the button above
We can help with removals and van hire.More info
|The only company to think of everything:|
|Secure perimeter fence|
|Automatic customer lift|
|Electronic PIN access|
|Individually alarmed rooms|
|CCTV monitored 24/7|
How much space do I need?
There are two ways to work out the space you require at our Kennington store.
Call our helpful space estimators
Our estimators can often save money as people tend to over compensate for the space they actually need.
020 7587 1453
Use our estimator tool
Big Yellow have designed a self storage estimator tool to help you work out the size of room you need.
Things to remember
- Photo ID - passport or driving license.
- Emergency contact details - name, telephone number and an e-mail or postal address for a contact not living at your address.
- Completed inventory of items being stored - You’ll need to show this inventory when you move in (unless you’ve checked in online and completed the inventory in advance).
- A padlock (or you can buy one in store).
- Please arrive at the store at least 1 hour before closing.
- Security deposit - Our terms of storage require a security deposit. This is usually the equivalent of one weeks’ storage fees and is refundable (along with any unused rent) after giving 7 days notice when you move out.
- Initial payment - In addition to the security deposit, 4 weeks worth of storage fees are required in advance. This guarantees your 50% discount for up to 4 weeks. You will still get this discount if you store for less than 4 weeks - all we ask is you stay for a minimum of 7 days. Any unused rent is refunded when you move out. The inital payment must be by credit or debit card please. We cannot accept cash or cheque for payments
- Please note that our preferred payment method is Direct Debit.
- On-going payments - Once again, our preferred payment method is Direct Debit, which will be 4 weekly and in advance. We cannot accept cash or cheque for on-going payments.
- Paying by Direct Debit - If you have not completed your direct debit details via check-in online, you’ll need to provide a recent bank statement or valid cheque book upon your arrival to the store so we can set up your direct debit.
- Company ID - If you are the proprietor/director please provide proof such as a business card stating your title. If you are not the proprietor/director we need a letter from the business to confirm you have the authority to sign the Customer License on behalf of the company.
If you’re looking for an office in Kennington take advantage of our flexible, competitively priced office space from 175 sq ft to 300 sq ft. You can hire for as little as 4 weeks or as long as you want
Security charges, rent and rates, service charges are all included in the price of our carpeted offices. The only additional costs will be your contents insurance and any electricity you use. Office customers have 24 hour access and kitchen and toilet facilities available to them.
We’ll list your company name on our directory board and you can ‘buzz’ guests in and out with our intercom system. We can accept your post and deliveries for you and keep them in your pre–assigned post box.
Call 020 8313 0584 for prices, more information and availability or submit our online enquiry form.
Removals services and van hire
Please complete this form for more information:
Customer review summary for Kennington
Phoebe Sun Aug 14 2016
All good, everyone was nice, good facility and everything works. I felt like the checkin/contract signing etc. could have been a bit quicker. I also don't understand why I've received so many emails from Big Yellow (literally 6 in the last 3 days) when I am already a customer - I don't need to be advertised to!
Tue Aug 9 2016
great staff, efficient and helpful
Anne Sat Aug 6 2016
The staff, Mike and Char, were just great. I'd imagine storage is a thankless job at times but both of them were just so engaged, like they couldn't wait to tell me about all they had to offer.
Mutsa Thu Aug 4 2016
Got everything explained clearly. talked to Michael and Jerry
|Store Reception opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am - 6pm|
|Saturday:||9am - 6pm|
|Sunday:||10am - 4pm|
Extended access is also available outside of our reception opening hours. At Kennington this is between 5am - 11pm daily (charges may apply).
|Call centre opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am-8pm|
020 7587 1453
289 Kennington Lane
020 7587 1453
020 7840 5439
Manager: James Snow
This store is outside the London Congestion Zone.
Big Yellow Kennington
F: 020 7840 5439
Manager: James Snow
Take the Waterloo service to Vauxhall, then take the tube as below.
Exit at Vauxhall Station, take the back exit and walk down Kennington Lane. The store is a 3 minute walk away, on the right hand side and is visible from the road.
Exit at Kennington Station,turn left out of the station and onto Kennington Park Road.After approximately 7 minutes walking, turn right onto Kennington Road. Continue walking for a further 5 minutes, then turn left onto Kennington Lane, after a further 5 minutes you will see the store on your left hand side
Exit at Lambeth North, turn left onto Kennington Road and walk for approximately 15 minutes, then turn right onto Kennington Lane. The store is a 5 minute walk from here, visible on the left hand side next to Tesco.
From Kennington Station, take the 155, 415 or 333 towards Elephant and Castle or the 133 towards Liverpool Street. After approximately 15 minutes journey, descend at Tesco's, which is directly next to the store.
From Lambeth North
Take the 159 towards Streatham Garage and descend after 3 stops and walk towards your right for 5 minutes, when the store will become visible.
From Victoria Station / Bus Garage
Take the Route Bus 36 towards New Cross Gate Bus Garage or Route Bus 436 towards Lewisham / The Lewisham Centre or Route Bus 185 towards Lewisham Station / Station Road. Exit after St Annes, church and the Big Yellow offices are visible on the corner of Vauxhall Street and Kennington Lane. Entrance to the storage area is via Vauxhall street, on your right.