Big Yellow Self Storage Reading
To get a quote for self storage at Reading, click on the button above
To reserve self storage at Reading, click on the button above
We can help with removals and van hire.More info
|The only company to think of everything:|
|Individually alarmed rooms|
|Open 7 days a week|
|Purpose built building|
|Automatic customer lift|
|CCTV monitored 24/7|
How much space do I need?
There are two ways to work out the space you require at our Reading store.
Call our helpful space estimators
Our estimators can often save money as people tend to over compensate for the space they actually need.
0118 986 5020
Use our estimator tool
Big Yellow have designed a self storage estimator tool to help you work out the size of room you need.
Things to remember
- Photo ID - passport or driving license.
- Emergency contact details - name, telephone number and an e-mail or postal address for a contact not living at your address.
- Completed inventory of items being stored - You’ll need to show this inventory when you move in (unless you’ve checked in online and completed the inventory in advance).
- A padlock (or you can buy one in store).
- Please arrive at the store at least 1 hour before closing.
- Security deposit - Our terms of storage require a security deposit. This is usually the equivalent of one weeks’ storage fees and is refundable (along with any unused rent) after giving 7 days notice when you move out.
- Initial payment - In addition to the security deposit, 4 weeks worth of storage fees are required in advance. This guarantees your 50% discount for up to 4 weeks. You will still get this discount if you store for less than 4 weeks - all we ask is you stay for a minimum of 7 days. Any unused rent is refunded when you move out. The inital payment must be by credit or debit card please. We cannot accept cash or cheque for payments
- Please note that our preferred payment method is Direct Debit.
- On-going payments - Once again, our preferred payment method is Direct Debit, which will be 4 weekly and in advance. We cannot accept cash or cheque for on-going payments.
- Paying by Direct Debit - If you have not completed your direct debit details via check-in online, you’ll need to provide a recent bank statement or valid cheque book upon your arrival to the store so we can set up your direct debit.
- Company ID - If you are the proprietor/director please provide proof such as a business card stating your title. If you are not the proprietor/director we need a letter from the business to confirm you have the authority to sign the Customer License on behalf of the company.
Removals services and van hire
Please complete this form for more information:
Customer review summary for Reading
Brody Sat Jul 2 2016
From the very beginning when I was provided with a quote, I was provided with great support and assistance in finding the storage that was right for me. The team that I dealt with on the phones were not pushy and they were committed to finding me the best deal. They were happy to take the time to explain the whole process to someone who knew nothing. Then on the day I put my stuff into storage, Karl was very friendly and helpful and made me feel that my belongings were in safe hands.
Sophie Sat Jul 2 2016
Everything was easy and went well. The service catered for all my needs.
Richard Sat Jul 2 2016
The on-line booking process and check-in process were very straightforward. The store's location is also convenient.
Daniel Wed Jun 29 2016
The staff were very friendly in showing us around and we felt that the place was very secure and that our stuff was safe.
|Store Reception opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am - 6pm|
|Saturday:||9am - 6pm|
|Sunday:||10am - 4pm|
Extended access is also available outside of our reception opening hours. At Reading this is between 5am - 11pm daily (charges may apply).
|Call centre opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am-8pm|
0118 986 5020
27 Rose Kiln Lane
0118 986 5020
0118 986 5039
Manager: Mittch Boyd
Big Yellow Reading
F: 0118 986 5039
Manager: Mittch Boyd
Junction 11 take exit towards Reading Centre, at roundabout take 3rd exit onto A33 heading into Reading. Turn right at Rose Kiln Lane, stay right to stay on Rose Kiln Lane.
Left turning just after the infinity car garage.
From Town Centre
From Bridge Street (next to The Oracle), take the 3rd exit at the roundabout onto the A329 ramp, merge onto A329. Slight left at Reading Relief road/A33, left turning just after the Infinity car garage
By Foot from The Oracle
Turn left onto bridge Street, cross the roundabout towards Southampton Street, slight left onto Pell Street. Continue onto Berkley Avenue/A4 and turn left onto Rose Kiln Lane
At BP Garage cross the road and left turn just after the Infinity car garage