Tips & Tricks: Clothes
Whether you’re a hoarder, just a collector of gorgeous and vintage clothes or buy more than you should, keeping your clothes and collectables in tip top condition is key to having an extensive wardrobe.
General wear and tear and poor storage can damage clothing and shorten the lifespan of your favourite frock. Here’s some top tips on storing your clothes and keeping them in mint condition:
– Before you pack anything away, make sure it’s dust free and clean
– Don’t cram too much into a box as fabrics need to breathe. Make sure the boxes aren’t packed too tightly
– Refold items regularly to prevent dust settling
– Self storage facilities offer the perfect temperature and darkness
– Don’t store fabrics against wood and bear in mind that certain fabrics need specific care i.e. use muslin or acid free tissue between delicate fabrics for added protection