Self Storage near Markyate
To get a quote for self storage at Luton, click on the button above
To reserve self storage at Luton, click on the button above
We can help with removals and van hire.More info
|The only company to think of everything:|
|Individually alarmed rooms|
|Electronic PIN access|
|Secure perimeter fence|
|Open 7 days a week|
|CCTV monitored 24/7|
|Up to £50 van hire credit available|
How much space do I need?
There are two ways to work out the space you require at our Luton store.
Call our helpful space estimators
Our estimators can often save money as people tend to over compensate for the space they actually need.
Use our estimator tool
Big Yellow have designed a self storage estimator tool to help you work out the size of room you need.
Things to remember
- Photo ID - passport or driving license.
- Emergency contact details - name, telephone number and an e-mail or postal address for a contact not living at your address.
- Completed inventory of items being stored - You’ll need to show this inventory when you move in (unless you’ve checked in online and completed the inventory in advance).
- A padlock (or you can buy one in store).
- Please arrive at the store at least 1 hour before closing.
- Security deposit - Our terms of storage require a security deposit. This is usually the equivalent of one weeks’ storage fees and is refundable (along with any unused rent) after giving 7 days notice when you move out.
- Initial payment - In addition to the security deposit, 4 weeks worth of storage fees are required in advance. This guarantees your 50% discount for up to 4 weeks. You will still get this discount if you store for less than 4 weeks - all we ask is you stay for a minimum of 7 days. Any unused rent is refunded when you move out. The inital payment must be by credit or debit card please. We cannot accept cash or cheque for payments
- Please note that our preferred payment method is Direct Debit.
- On-going payments - Once again, our preferred payment method is Direct Debit, which will be 4 weekly and in advance. We cannot accept cash or cheque for on-going payments.
- Paying by Direct Debit - If you have not completed your direct debit details via check-in online, you’ll need to provide a recent bank statement or valid cheque book upon your arrival to the store so we can set up your direct debit.
- Company ID - If you are the proprietor/director please provide proof such as a business card stating your title. If you are not the proprietor/director we need a letter from the business to confirm you have the authority to sign the Customer License on behalf of the company.
Removals services and van hire
Please complete this form for more information:
Customer review summary for Luton
Gina Tue Oct 11 2016
When I changed storage rooms, I was assisted by Edwin at Luton Big Yellow who could not have been more helpful. He did everything in his power to make the transaction pleasant and nothing was too much trouble. He is definitely an asset to the business. Please pass on my personal thanks.
Siobhan Tue Oct 4 2016
We moved in on Sunday just before closing time thinking we still had another hour. A gentleman called Edwin was at reception and was extremely helpful. He should have turned us away and he didn't. Made sure we chose the correct unit. Having not used a storage unit before Edwin was really friendly and made the experience easy and enjoyable. Thank you.
Fred Tue Sep 27 2016
I am a bit disappointed that Big Yellow cannot give an overall price for their service that includes insurance and everything other cost element.
Gillian Sat Aug 13 2016
Initial contact and follow up emails very helpful. Friendly. Edwin Murerwa Was most helpful on the day. Process appears easy checkin was easy
|Store Reception opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am - 6pm|
|Saturday:||9am - 6pm|
|Sunday:||10am - 4pm|
Extended access is also available outside of our reception opening hours. At Luton this is between 5am - 11pm daily (this is subject to availability and charges may apply).
|Call centre opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am-8pm|
Manager: Jonathan McConnell
Big Yellow Luton
F: 01582 430139
Manager: Jonathan McConnell
From the M1
Exit the M1 at Junction 11, follow A505 Dunstable Road towards Luton Town Centre. At the roundabout continue straight ahead, passing PC World on your left, keeping to the right hand lane go straight across the traffic lights. Big Yellow is on your left hand side, Caleb Close is your 2nd left
From Luton Town Centre
From Telford way proceed in to Hatters Way (A5065), at the roundabout, turn right in to Chaul End Lane. At the next roundabout (Currys is your right) turn right in to Dunstable Road (A505). Keep to the right, through the traffic lights Big Yellow is on your left hand side, Caleb Close is your 2nd left
Continue along the A6 past Barnfield College, at the first set of traffic lights, turn right in to Austin Road. Pass the next set of traffic lights, then at the next set turn left in to Blundell Road. Continue along Blundell Road, at the traffic lights go straight ahead, (VW garage on your left) onto Waller Avenue, at the mini roundabout take your 2nd left onto Beechwood Road. Big Yellow is on your left at the bottom of the road
From Leagrave Station, the taxi rank is directly outside of the main exit and the approx. journey time is 5 minutes.
From Leagrave Train station and Luton Mainline station, take bus no.s 31, 38 or 38a to Dunstable Road
From the ground floor of Luton Mainline station, journey time is approx. 15 mins
From Luton Airport
From the main terminal building, journey time is approx. 25 mins
Take the Airport service to Luton Parkway, then either 1 stop to Luton Mainline or 2 stops to Leagrave