Self Storage near Stanway
To get a quote for self storage at Colchester, click on the button above
To reserve self storage at Colchester, click on the button above
We can help with removals and van hire.More info
|The only company to think of everything:|
|Access 5am - 11pm available|
|Secure perimeter fence|
|CCTV monitored 24/7|
|Automatic customer lift|
|Open 7 days a week|
|Individually alarmed rooms|
How much space do I need?
There are two ways to work out the space you require at our Colchester store.
Call our helpful space estimators
Our estimators can often save money as people tend to over compensate for the space they actually need.
Use our estimator tool
Big Yellow have designed a self storage estimator tool to help you work out the size of room you need.
Things to remember
- Photo ID - passport or driving license.
- Emergency contact details - name, telephone number and an e-mail or postal address for a contact not living at your address.
- Completed inventory of items being stored - You’ll need to show this inventory when you move in (unless you’ve checked in online and completed the inventory in advance).
- A padlock (or you can buy one in store).
- Please arrive at the store at least 1 hour before closing.
- Security deposit - Our terms of storage require a security deposit. This is usually the equivalent of one weeks’ storage fees and is refundable (along with any unused rent) after giving 7 days notice when you move out.
- Initial payment - In addition to the security deposit, 4 weeks worth of storage fees are required in advance. This guarantees your 50% discount for up to 4 weeks. You will still get this discount if you store for less than 4 weeks - all we ask is you stay for a minimum of 7 days. Any unused rent is refunded when you move out. The inital payment must be by credit or debit card please. We cannot accept cash or cheque for payments
- Please note that our preferred payment method is Direct Debit.
- On-going payments - Once again, our preferred payment method is Direct Debit, which will be 4 weekly and in advance. We cannot accept cash or cheque for on-going payments.
- Paying by Direct Debit - If you have not completed your direct debit details via check-in online, you’ll need to provide a recent bank statement or valid cheque book upon your arrival to the store so we can set up your direct debit.
- Company ID - If you are the proprietor/director please provide proof such as a business card stating your title. If you are not the proprietor/director we need a letter from the business to confirm you have the authority to sign the Customer License on behalf of the company.
Removals services and van hire
Please complete this form for more information:
Customer review summary for Colchester
Simon Wed Nov 2 2016
the staff are very helpful and understand and help save money on getting the right storage space which fit your needs
Patrick Joseph Wed Oct 19 2016
very professional manner and very efficient staff
Madelyn Tue Oct 11 2016
I went in with an uncertain hope about what I could do (moving to a different storage room and changing payment accounts), but George was very helpful and friendly, and I was able to achieve my goal quickly and easily with zero fuss.
Benjamin Fri Sep 30 2016
Service was excellent from start to finish. The Colchester team were very friendly and helpful. Made me feel very welcome and were professional throughout
|Store Reception opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am - 6pm|
|Saturday:||9am - 6pm|
|Sunday:||10am - 4pm|
Extended access is also available outside of our reception opening hours. At Colchester this is between 5am - 11pm daily (charges may apply).
|Call centre opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am-8pm|
Manager: David Knight
Big Yellow Colchester
F: 01206 849839
Manager: David Knight
From the A12
Exit onto the A133 towards Colchester Town Centre and follow the signs for the Town Centre and continue up Avenue of Remembrance. Take the 1st left at the roundabout onto the A134 towards Colchester North Train Station and continue under the railway bridge and take the 3rd exit off the roundabout into Mile End Road. The store is visible on the right hand side and access is on the right via Bruff Close
Public Transport Details
Take any bus to Colchester North Railway Station, where the store is visible from the station.
Plus an extra 10% off for uniformed personnel