Big Yellow Self Storage Chelmsford
To get a quote for self storage at Chelmsford, click on the button above
To reserve self storage at Chelmsford, click on the button above
We can help with removals and van hire.More info
|The only company to think of everything:|
|Secure perimeter fence|
|Purpose built building|
|CCTV monitored 24/7|
|Open 7 days a week|
|Individually alarmed rooms|
How much space do I need?
There are two ways to work out the space you require at our Chelmsford store.
Call our helpful space estimators
Our estimators can often save money as people tend to over compensate for the space they actually need.
Use our estimator tool
Big Yellow have designed a self storage estimator tool to help you work out the size of room you need.
Things to remember
- Photo ID - passport or driving license.
- Emergency contact details - name, telephone number and an e-mail or postal address for a contact not living at your address.
- Completed inventory of items being stored - You’ll need to show this inventory when you move in (unless you’ve checked in online and completed the inventory in advance).
- A padlock (or you can buy one in store).
- Please arrive at the store at least 1 hour before closing.
- Security deposit - Our terms of storage require a security deposit. This is usually the equivalent of one weeks’ storage fees and is refundable (along with any unused rent) after giving 7 days notice when you move out.
- Initial payment - In addition to the security deposit, 4 weeks worth of storage fees are required in advance. This guarantees your 50% discount for up to 4 weeks. You will still get this discount if you store for less than 4 weeks - all we ask is you stay for a minimum of 7 days. Any unused rent is refunded when you move out. The inital payment must be by credit or debit card please. We cannot accept cash or cheque for payments
- Please note that our preferred payment method is Direct Debit.
- On-going payments - Once again, our preferred payment method is Direct Debit, which will be 4 weekly and in advance. We cannot accept cash or cheque for on-going payments.
- Paying by Direct Debit - If you have not completed your direct debit details via check-in online, you’ll need to provide a recent bank statement or valid cheque book upon your arrival to the store so we can set up your direct debit.
- Company ID - If you are the proprietor/director please provide proof such as a business card stating your title. If you are not the proprietor/director we need a letter from the business to confirm you have the authority to sign the Customer License on behalf of the company.
Removals services and van hire
Please complete this form for more information:
Customer review summary for Chelmsford
Oliver Wed Aug 3 2016
Very good service
John Thu Jul 28 2016
Professional staff, easy to use qwbsite
Sun Mar 20 2016
Sun Mar 13 2016
I've used Big Yellow before and each time it has been excellent service. Any questions I've had are answered without delay, the staff work efficiently and keep the place clean.
|Store Reception opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am - 6pm|
|Saturday:||9am - 6pm|
|Sunday:||10am - 4pm|
Extended access is also available outside of our reception opening hours. At Chelmsford this is between 5am - 11pm daily (charges may apply).
|Call centre opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am-8pm|
39A Robjohns Road
Manager: Lee Cole
Big Yellow Chelmsford
F: 01245 457039
Manager: Lee Cole
Take Junction 28 onto A12 North exiting at the A414, and staying in the left lane at the junction. Go straight over the first roundabout then turn left at the second roundabout onto Westway A1016. Turn left at the first set of traffic lights into Robjohns Road. Then turn right into Yes car Credit. The store is situation behind Yes Car Credit.
From Colchester A12
Take A138 to Chelmsford. At the Army and Navy Roundabout turn right towards town centre onto A1060. Continue straight over the next two roundabouts following A1060. At traffic lights turn left onto Westway A1016. The store will be visible on your right. At the lights turn onto Robjohns Road and the entrance via Yes Car Credit.
Public Transport Details
We are situated a five minute taxi ride from Chelmsford Station.
From Chelmsford Station take the number 45 bus to the bottom of Robjohns Road.