Self Storage near Manchester
To get a quote for self storage at Stockport, click on the button above
To reserve self storage at Stockport, click on the button above
We can help with removals and van hire.More info
|The only company to think of everything:|
|All rooms individually alarmed|
|External security company|
|Open 7 days a week|
|Access 5 am - 11 pm available|
|Automatic passenger lift|
|£50 van hire credit available|
How much space do I need?
There are two ways to work out the space you require at our Stockport store.
Call our helpful space estimators
Our estimators can often save money as people tend to over compensate for the space they actually need.
Use our estimator tool
Big Yellow have designed a self storage estimator tool to help you work out the size of room you need.
Things to remember
- Please pay by credit / debit card or business cheque – sorry, we can’t accept cash or personal cheques at move in
- To set up Direct Debit a recent bank statement or valid cheque book will be required - only 1 weeks security deposit is required at move in if you choose to pay by Direct Debit , instead of 4 weeks with other payment methods
- Please bring ‘photo ID’ – such as your passport or driving licence
- Please bring a recent bank statement or utility bill as proof of your address
- Please give us a name, address and two forms of contact (e.g landline, mobile or email)- this must be a different address to your own
- Please turn up a minimum of 1 hour before closing when moving in
- Please create an inventory of items being put into storage - you will be asked to produce this inventory at move in for insurance purposes
- We will take a digital photo of you when you move in to keep on your file
- You will need a padlock. A full range is available in store
Removals services and van hire
Please complete this form for more information:
Customer review summary for Stockport
Dandyjasper Sun Jun 29 2014
Excellent, professional, efficient and friendly
Timmy Mon Jun 9 2014
You could have example size rooms in the reception (obviously only the smaller ones) to save taking people to the actual ones in the building.
JD Mon Jun 2 2014
Very clear web information, so no real surprises.
Manclaw Sun Mar 30 2014
|Store Reception opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am - 6pm|
|Saturday:||9am - 6pm|
|Sunday:||10am - 4pm|
Extended access is also available outside of our reception opening hours. At Stockport this is between 5am - 11pm daily (charges may apply).
|Call centre opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am-8pm|
Manager: Ben Clements
Important Note for Sat Nav Users:
Use this address: Tiviot Way, SK1 2BT
or enter the following co-ordinates:
Latitude: 53.4185, Longitude: -2.1463
Big Yellow Stockport
F: 01614 769239
Manager: Ben Clements
From the East
Travelling on the M60 towards Stockport & Manchester Airport, exit the motorway at junction 26 and join the A560 signposted Portwood. At the roundabout take the 6th exit, just after Tesco. The store will be visible at the top of the hill on your left hand side.
From the West
Travelling on the M60 towards Sheffield, exit the motorway at junction 27 and at the roundabout take the 2nd exit, just after Tesco. The store will be visible at the top of the hill on your left hand side.
From the South
Join the A626, St Marys Way and continue on this road until Portwood Roundabout which joins with junction 27 of the M60. Take the 5th exit and go up the hill where the store will be visible on your left hand side.
From the North
Join the A626, Manchester Road / Tiviot Way and continue on this road until Portwood Roundabout which joins with junction 27 of the M60. Take the 1st exit and go up the hill where the store will be visible on your left hand side.
Stockport train station is approximately 1.4 miles from the store. Then a 7 minute taxi ride from there to the store.
Bus services to the Peel Centre (5 minutes from the store) include 322, 324, 325, 327, 330, 374, 380, 381 and 389.