Big Yellow Self Storage Orpington
To get a quote for self storage at Orpington, click on the button above
To reserve self storage at Orpington, click on the button above
We can help with removals and van hire.More info
|The only company to think of everything:|
|Individually alarmed rooms|
|Electronic PIN access|
|Open 7 days a week|
|Purpose built building|
|CCTV monitored 24/7|
How much space do I need?
There are two ways to work out the space you require at our Orpington store.
Call our helpful space estimators
Our estimators can often save money as people tend to over compensate for the space they actually need.
Use our estimator tool
Big Yellow have designed a self storage estimator tool to help you work out the size of room you need.
Things to remember
- Photo ID - passport or driving license.
- Emergency contact details - name, telephone number and an e-mail or postal address for a contact not living at your address.
- Completed inventory of items being stored - You’ll need to show this inventory when you move in (unless you’ve checked in online and completed the inventory in advance).
- A padlock (or you can buy one in store).
- Please arrive at the store at least 1 hour before closing.
- Security deposit - Our terms of storage require a security deposit. This is usually the equivalent of one weeks’ storage fees and is refundable (along with any unused rent) after giving 7 days notice when you move out.
- Initial payment - In addition to the security deposit, 4 weeks worth of storage fees are required in advance. This guarantees your 50% discount for up to 4 weeks. You will still get this discount if you store for less than 4 weeks - all we ask is you stay for a minimum of 7 days. Any unused rent is refunded when you move out. The inital payment must be by credit or debit card please. We cannot accept cash or cheque for payments
- Please note that our preferred payment method is Direct Debit.
- On-going payments - Once again, our preferred payment method is Direct Debit, which will be 4 weekly and in advance. We cannot accept cash or cheque for on-going payments.
- Paying by Direct Debit - If you have not completed your direct debit details via check-in online, you’ll need to provide a recent bank statement or valid cheque book upon your arrival to the store so we can set up your direct debit.
- Company ID - If you are the proprietor/director please provide proof such as a business card stating your title. If you are not the proprietor/director we need a letter from the business to confirm you have the authority to sign the Customer License on behalf of the company.
Removals services and van hire
Please complete this form for more information:
Customer review summary for Orpington
Andy Mon Jul 4 2016
The Ladies at the Orpington Branch were so helpful, polite and new there stuff. Explained how it worked and took the time to show different size units. So very helpful
Sarah Sun Jul 3 2016
Firstly, your employee Christina was a huge help and really put me at ease on a stressful day. The removal man she recommended was brilliant - very efficient and a nice man. Christina helped make everything easy on the day. I would certainly recommend Big Yellow to my friends and family, especially if all your staff are as good as Christina.
Katherine Sat Jul 2 2016
Requested online quote, received this promptly followed by a friendly and informative follow up call. This made it hassel free and answered the questions I had. Online check in, very easy to use and convenient and saved lots of time on day we moved in. Friendly, helpful staff who k ow what they are doing and happy to help me as a storage novice! Everything you need is there, including boxes and padlocks! Convenient access codes so you can come and go as needed. Great service so far!
Lea Thu Jun 30 2016
The girl who helped me at the reception was amazing, so nice, professional and helpful (maybe Janet? Can't remember her name, a blond young lady.)
|Store Reception opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am - 6pm|
|Saturday:||9am - 6pm|
|Sunday:||10am - 4pm|
Extended access is also available outside of our reception opening hours. At Orpington this is between 5am - 11pm daily (charges may apply).
|Call centre opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am-8pm|
St Mary Cray
Manager: Gemma Appleton
This store is outside the London Congestion Zone.
Big Yellow Orpington
F: 01689 881839
Manager: Gemma Appleton
Take the Sidcup bypass to Critalls Corner Roundabout , turn right into Sevenoaks Way and we are situated approx. 300 metres after the railway bridge on your right
Take the A20 to Critalls Corner Roundabout, turn left onto Sevenoaks Way, then as above.
From Bromley Common
Take Southborough Lane into Petts Wood and continue past Safeway, at the mini roundabout turn left, then right at the T junction. Follow the road up the hill and over the roundabout into Poverest Road, continue straight until the traffic lights, then left onto Sevenoaks Way. The store is located approx. 50 metres on the left opposite the Allied Bakery
Take the A21 towards Bromley, exit at the A224 signposted Orpington and continue on the A224 for approx. 4½ miles. The store is located on the left, opposite the Allied Bakery.
Public Transport Details
From the North take the train from London Victoria to St Mary Cray
From the East take the train from Swanley to St Mary Cray
From the South take the train from Sevenoaks / Maidstone to St Mary Cray
From the West take the train from Bromley South to Orpington then the No 51 bus
From the North take the No 51 bus from Sidcup
From the East take No.s 477 or 51 from Swanley
From the South take the No R2 from Chelsfield
From the West take the bus from Croydon and then the Metro No 353, 51 or R1
Plus an extra 10% off for uniformed personnel