Big Yellow Self Storage Colchester
To get a quote for self storage at Colchester, click on the button above
To reserve self storage at Colchester, click on the button above
We can help with removals and van hire.More info
|The only company to think of everything:|
|All rooms individually alarmed|
|Open 7 days a week|
|Automatic passenger lift|
|Secure perimeter fence|
|External security company to monitor CCTV 24/7|
|Access 5 am - 11 pm available|
How much space do I need?
There are two ways to work out the space you require at our Colchester store.
Call our helpful space estimators
Our estimators can often save money as people tend to over compensate for the space they actually need.
Use our estimator tool
Big Yellow have designed a self storage estimator tool to help you work out the size of room you need.
Things to remember
- Photo ID - passport or driving license.
- Emergency contact details - name, telephone number and an e-mail or postal address for a contact not living at your address.
- Completed inventory of items being stored - You’ll need to show this inventory when you move in (unless you’ve checked in online and completed the inventory in advance).
- A padlock (or you can buy one in store).
- Please arrive at the store at least 1 hour before closing.
- Security deposit - Our terms of storage require a security deposit. This is usually the equivilent of one weeks’ storage fees and is refundable (along with any unused rent) after giving 7 days notice when you move out.
- Initial payment - In addition to the security deposit, 4 weeks worth of storage fees are required in advance. This guarantees your 50% discount for up to 4 weeks. You will still get this discount if you store for less than 4 weeks - all we ask is you stay for a minumum of 7 days. Any unsued rent is refunded when you move out. The inital payment must be by credit or debit card please. We cannot accept cash or cheque for payments
- Please note that our preferred payment method is Direct Debit.
- On-going payments - Once again, our preferred payment method is Direct Debit, which will be 4 weekly and in advance. We cannot accept cash or cheque for on-going payments.
- Paying by Direct Debit - If you have not completed your direct debit details via check-in online, you’ll need to provide a recent bank statement or valid cheque book upon your arrival to the store so we can set up your direct debit.
- Company ID - If you are the proprietor/director please provide proof such as a business card stating your title. If you are not the proprietor/director we need a letter from the business to confirm you have the authority to sign the Customer License on behalf of the company.
Removals services and van hire
Please complete this form for more information:
Customer review summary for Colchester
Mr B Sun Nov 16 2014
Thedav Tue Oct 28 2014
The call centre that took the initial call was very good, friendly and informative
steve Mon Oct 13 2014
Cazi3 Sun Oct 12 2014
I was hugely impressed by the whole experience especially the customer service.
|Store Reception opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am - 6pm|
|Saturday:||9am - 6pm|
|Sunday:||10am - 4pm|
Extended access is also available outside of our reception opening hours. At Colchester this is between 5am - 11pm daily (charges may apply).
|Call centre opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am-8pm|
Manager: Andy Polson
Big Yellow Colchester
F: 01206 849839
Manager: Andy Polson
From the A12
Exit onto the A133 towards Colchester Town Centre and follow the signs for the Town Centre and continue up Avenue of Remembrance. Take the 1st left at the roundabout onto the A134 towards Colchester North Train Station and continue under the railway bridge and take the 3rd exit off the roundabout into Mile End Road. The store is visible on the right hand side and access is on the right via Bruff Close
Public Transport Details
Take any bus to Colchester North Railway Station, where the store is visible from the station.
Plus an extra 10% off for uniformed personnel