Big Yellow Self Storage Edinburgh
To get a quote for self storage at Edinburgh, click on the button above
To reserve self storage at Edinburgh, click on the button above
We can help with removals and van hire.More info
|The only company to think of everything:|
|All rooms individually alarmed|
|Open 7 days a week|
|Purpose Built Building|
|Electronic Pin access|
|External security company to monitor CCTV 24/7|
How much space do I need?
There are two ways to work out the space you require at our Edinburgh store.
Call our helpful space estimators
Our estimators can often save money as people tend to over compensate for the space they actually need.
Use our estimator tool
Big Yellow have designed a self storage estimator tool to help you work out the size of room you need.
Things to remember
- Photo ID - passport or driving license.
- Emergency contact details - name, telephone number and an e-mail or postal address for a contact not living at your address.
- Completed inventory of items being stored - You’ll need to show this inventory when you move in (unless you’ve checked in online and completed the inventory in advance).
- A padlock (or you can buy one in store).
- Please arrive at the store at least 1 hour before closing.
- Security deposit - Our terms of storage require a security deposit. This is usually the equivilent of one weeks’ storage fees and is refundable (along with any unused rent) after giving 7 days notice when you move out.
- Initial payment - In addition to the security deposit, 4 weeks worth of storage fees are required in advance. This guarantees your 50% discount for up to 4 weeks. You will still get this discount if you store for less than 4 weeks - all we ask is you stay for a minumum of 7 days. Any unsued rent is refunded when you move out. The inital payment must be by credit or debit card please. We cannot accept cash or cheque for payments
- Please note that our preferred payment method is Direct Debit.
- On-going payments - Once again, our preferred payment method is Direct Debit, which will be 4 weekly and in advance. We cannot accept cash or cheque for on-going payments.
- Paying by Direct Debit - If you have not completed your direct debit details via check-in online, you’ll need to provide a recent bank statement or valid cheque book upon your arrival to the store so we can set up your direct debit.
- Company ID - If you are the proprietor/director please provide proof such as a business card stating your title. If you are not the proprietor/director we need a letter from the business to confirm you have the authority to sign the Customer License on behalf of the company.
Removals services and van hire
Please complete this form for more information:
Customer review summary for Edinburgh
Scott Tue Nov 11 2014
Extremely satisfied so far.
Anna Mon Oct 13 2014
Excellent, I was so pleased. We were very well looked after, they even got water for my dog and recommended where to take him for a walk!
Francis Marsden Mon Oct 13 2014
One of the best customer service experiences I've had. Had abysmal service from a power supplier (whom I won't name) recently - this was a complete contrast. Would recommend Big Yellow without hesitation. In fact, BY was recommended to me by another satisfied customer.
Sat Oct 4 2014
|Store Reception opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am - 6pm|
|Saturday:||9am - 6pm|
|Sunday:||10am - 4pm|
Extended access is also available outside of our reception opening hours. At Edinburgh this is between 5am - 11pm daily (charges may apply).
|Call centre opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am-8pm|
2 Bankhead Avenue
Manager: John Laffey
Big Yellow Edinburgh
F: 01314 425839
Manager: John Laffey
Take the M8 to Edinburgh. At Hermiston Gate junction (last one on M8) take the 3rd exit to A71, A720 Edinburgh West & Kilmarnock and stay in the left lane. At Calder Junction roundabout take the 1st exit onto A71 Calder Road. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit onto Bankhead Avenue and Big Yellow is on your left.
From South of Edinburgh
Take A720 Edinburgh City Bypass towards Forth Road Bridge (A90), Glasgow (M8), and Edinburgh Airport. Exit at Calder Junction and take the 3rd exit at top of slip road onto Calder Road, then as above.
From City Centre
From Haymarket turn right onto A8 Morrison Street, staying in the left lane. At the traffic lights turn left onto A70 Dalry Road, bearing right at A71 Gorgie Road and continue to follow A71. Go straight over the next 2 roundabouts and at the third Big Yellow will be visible on your right. At this roundabout take the 3rd exit onto Bankhead Avenue and the entrance is the first turn on your right.
From the centre of town take either the number 3 or the number 25. Both stop directly outside the store.