Big Yellow Self Storage Portsmouth
To get a quote for self storage at Portsmouth, click on the button above
To reserve self storage at Portsmouth, click on the button above
We can help with removals and van hire.More info
|The only company to think of everything:|
|Individually alarmed rooms|
|Electronic PIN access|
|Secure perimeter fence|
|Drive up external rooms|
|CCTV monitored 24/7|
How much space do I need?
There are two ways to work out the space you require at our Portsmouth store.
Call our helpful space estimators
Our estimators can often save money as people tend to over compensate for the space they actually need.
023 9286 5333
Use our estimator tool
Big Yellow have designed a self storage estimator tool to help you work out the size of room you need.
Things to remember
- Photo ID - passport or driving license.
- Emergency contact details - name, telephone number and an e-mail or postal address for a contact not living at your address.
- Completed inventory of items being stored - You’ll need to show this inventory when you move in (unless you’ve checked in online and completed the inventory in advance).
- A padlock (or you can buy one in store).
- Please arrive at the store at least 1 hour before closing.
- Security deposit - Our terms of storage require a security deposit. This is usually the equivalent of one weeks’ storage fees and is refundable (along with any unused rent) after giving 7 days notice when you move out.
- Initial payment - In addition to the security deposit, 4 weeks worth of storage fees are required in advance. This guarantees your 50% discount for up to 4 weeks. You will still get this discount if you store for less than 4 weeks - all we ask is you stay for a minimum of 7 days. Any unused rent is refunded when you move out. The inital payment must be by credit or debit card please. We cannot accept cash or cheque for payments
- Please note that our preferred payment method is Direct Debit.
- On-going payments - Once again, our preferred payment method is Direct Debit, which will be 4 weekly and in advance. We cannot accept cash or cheque for on-going payments.
- Paying by Direct Debit - If you have not completed your direct debit details via check-in online, you’ll need to provide a recent bank statement or valid cheque book upon your arrival to the store so we can set up your direct debit.
- Company ID - If you are the proprietor/director please provide proof such as a business card stating your title. If you are not the proprietor/director we need a letter from the business to confirm you have the authority to sign the Customer License on behalf of the company.
If you’re looking for an office in Portsmouth take advantage of our flexible, competitively priced office space from 125 sq ft to 525 sq ft. You can hire for as little as 4 weeks or as long as you want
Security charges, rent and rates, service charges are all included in the price of our carpeted offices. The only additional costs will be your contents insurance and any electricity you use. Office customers have 24 hour access and kitchen and toilet facilities available to them.
We’ll list your company name on our directory board and you can ‘buzz’ guests in and out with our intercom system. We can accept your post and deliveries for you and keep them in your pre–assigned post box.
Call 020 8313 0584 for prices, more information and availability or submit our online enquiry form.
Removals services and van hire
Please complete this form for more information:
Customer review summary for Portsmouth
Kelly Sun Aug 14 2016
Very friendly and helpful staff, willing to give extra assistance where they can.
Christopher Wed Aug 10 2016
Good efficient service, friendly staff.
Katherine Wed Aug 3 2016
Excellent customer service Erin is so helpful and efficient
Sat Jul 30 2016
The two customer service staff - Georgie and Erin were absolutely fantastic - two of the most helpful, informed and welcoming members of staff I have come across in the past months. They made our move in seamless, helping answer all our questions and naivety.
|Store Reception opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am - 6pm|
|Saturday:||9am - 6pm|
|Sunday:||10am - 4pm|
Extended access is also available outside of our reception opening hours. At Portsmouth this is between 5am - 11pm daily (charges may apply).
|Call centre opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am-8pm|
023 9286 5333
8-9 Rodney Road
023 9286 5333
023 9288 2139
Manager: Katy Windebank
Big Yellow Portsmouth
F: 023 9288 2139
Manager: Katy Windebank
From the East
Follow A27 signposted Portsmouth, leave to join A2030 signposted Southsea and follow A2030 for approx. 2½ miles until major crossroads, where Big Yellow is visible immediately in front of you. Proceed across the junction into Rodney Road and the entrance to Big Yellow is approx. 30 metres on the right hand side
From the West
Take M3, M27 signposted Portsmouth, exit M27 / A27 to join A2030 signposted Southsea (do not exit at Junction 12 or M275). Follow A2030 for approx. 2½ miles until major crossroads, where Big Yellow is visible immediately in front of you. Proceed across the junction into Rodney Road, the entrance to Big Yellow is approx. 30 metres on the right hand side
From City Centre
Follow A2030 (Churchill Avenue) signs to Fratton, proceed over 2 roundabouts into Goldsmith Avenue. After approx. ¾ mile turn left into Milton Road at traffic lights, Big Yellow is to be found approx. 200 metres on the left. At major traffic lights turn left into Rodney Road, the entrance to Big Yellow is approx 30 metres on the right hand side
Take the no. 45b from Portsmouth & Southsea and Fratton Train Stations to the Milton Road Junction
From Hilsea Train Station, take the 27b to the Milton Road Junction
From Portsmouth Harbour Train Station take the 60a to Fratton Road, then the 45b to the Milton Road Junction
Take the no. 6 from Old Portsmouth via Southsea to the Milton Road Junction From Copnor Road, take the 4a or 45b southbound to the Milton Road Junction
From the Eastern Road take the no. 27 to Tangier Road, then continue walking to St Mary's Road before turning right onto Rodney road
Plus an extra 10% off for uniformed personnel