Self Storage near Ratho
To get a quote for self storage at Edinburgh, click on the button above
To reserve self storage at Edinburgh, click on the button above
We can help with removals and van hire.More info
|The only company to think of everything:|
|All rooms individually alarmed|
|Open 7 days a week|
|Purpose Built Building|
|Electronic Pin access|
|External security company to monitor CCTV 24/7|
How much space do I need?
There are two ways to work out the space you require at our Edinburgh store.
Call our helpful space estimators
Our estimators can often save money as people tend to over compensate for the space they actually need.
Use our estimator tool
Big Yellow have designed a self storage estimator tool to help you work out the size of room you need.
Things to remember
- Please pay by credit / debit card or business cheque – sorry, we can’t accept cash or personal cheques at move in
- To set up Direct Debit a recent bank statement or valid cheque book will be required - only 1 weeks security deposit is required at move in if you choose to pay by Direct Debit , instead of 4 weeks with other payment methods
- Please bring ‘photo ID’ – such as your passport or driving licence
- Please bring a recent bank statement or utility bill as proof of your address
- Please give us a name, address and two forms of contact (e.g landline, mobile or email)- this must be a different address to your own
- Please turn up a minimum of 1 hour before closing when moving in
- Please create an inventory of items being put into storage - you will be asked to produce this inventory at move in for insurance purposes
- We will take a digital photo of you when you move in to keep on your file
- You will need a padlock. A full range is available in store
Removals services and van hire
Please complete this form for more information:
Customer review summary for Edinburgh
Jacqueline McMillan Wed Jul 9 2014
A very good experience - I already had insurance and your team made it clear that this was fine but I needed to have a copy of this policy with them that was valid once my goods were moved.
Thu Jul 3 2014
So far it has been professional, easy, friendly, reliable and straightforward.
Sat Jun 28 2014
Great. Easy and quick process
Fri Jun 27 2014
|Store Reception opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am - 6pm|
|Saturday:||9am - 6pm|
|Sunday:||10am - 4pm|
Extended access is also available outside of our reception opening hours. At Edinburgh this is between 5am - 11pm daily (charges may apply).
|Call centre opening hours|
|Monday to Friday:||8am-8pm|
2 Bankhead Avenue
Manager: John Laffey
Big Yellow Edinburgh
F: 01314 425839
Manager: John Laffey
Take the M8 to Edinburgh. At Hermiston Gate junction (last one on M8) take the 3rd exit to A71, A720 Edinburgh West & Kilmarnock and stay in the left lane. At Calder Junction roundabout take the 1st exit onto A71 Calder Road. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit onto Bankhead Avenue and Big Yellow is on your left.
From South of Edinburgh
Take A720 Edinburgh City Bypass towards Forth Road Bridge (A90), Glasgow (M8), and Edinburgh Airport. Exit at Calder Junction and take the 3rd exit at top of slip road onto Calder Road, then as above.
From City Centre
From Haymarket turn right onto A8 Morrison Street, staying in the left lane. At the traffic lights turn left onto A70 Dalry Road, bearing right at A71 Gorgie Road and continue to follow A71. Go straight over the next 2 roundabouts and at the third Big Yellow will be visible on your right. At this roundabout take the 3rd exit onto Bankhead Avenue and the entrance is the first turn on your right.
From the centre of town take either the number 3 or the number 25. Both stop directly outside the store.